ID Card Office

ID Card Facilities staff use RAPIDS to access, query, and modify (when authorized) personnel’s Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)/benefits information for Active, Retired, Reserve and National Guard uniformed service personnel and their eligible family members.

State Footprint

Asheville: 100 Minuteman Drive, Asheville NC 28806

Charlotte: 4240 West Blvd, Charlotte NC 28208

Greensboro: 110 Franklin Blvd, Greensboro, NC 27401

Raleigh: 1636 Gold Star Drive, Raleigh NC 27607

How we assist with Individual/Unit Readiness?

We ensure enrollment in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) and provide Common Access Cards (CAC) and/or Official Identification Cards to Soldiers and their family members.

How to make an appointment?

All ARNG online appointment scheduling is only open 30-60 days in advance

You must schedule an appointment for each person needing an ID card. If you need an ID card and multiple updates to the record, then you will need to schedule two appointments.

For example: Removing and adding a new spouse to your record will require two appointments.

All appointments are made online. Please visit schedule an appointment.

Call the ID Card Office at 984-664-6190 if you are having trouble with the website (if we do not answer, leave your name and number and we will call you back in the order your call was received).


What documents do I need to bring to my appointment?

Two valid, expired forms of identification are required to receive any ID Card if 18 or older. All documents must be original. We cannot pull any documents from service members IPERMS.  For specific documentation requirements please click on the TAB that best fits your needs.


You must be registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System(DEERS) A database of information on uniformed services members (sponsors), U.S.-sponsored foreign military, DoD and uniformed services civilians, other personnel as directed by the DoD, and their family members. You need to register in DEERS to get TRICARE. (DEERS) to get your TRICARE benefit.

  • Sponsors are automatically registered in DEERS

  • Sponsors must register eligible family members

If both parents are service members, choose one to be listed as the child(ren)'s sponsor in DEERS.

Adding or Removing Family Members

Only sponsors can add or remove family members:

Updating Your Contact Information

Contact information includes your address, email addresses or phone number(s). Family members can update contact information after they're registered in DEERS. 

  • Log into milConnect 

  • Call 1-800-538-9552 (TTY/TDD: 1-866-363-2883) 

  • Fax updates to 1-800-336-4416 (Primary) or 1-502-335-9980 (Alternate) 

  • Mail updates to:  

    • Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office

      Attn: COA

      400 Gigling Road

      Seaside, CA  93955-6771

Note: Addresses must be a physical address; P.O. boxes can't be used.

When You Should Update DEERS

Update DEERS whenever you have a change (this list is not all-inclusive):

If you're enrolled in any TRICARE plan (e.g. TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Select, TRICARE Reserve Select, TRICARE Retired Reserve or TRICARE Young Adult) remember to also change your address and other personal information with your regional contractor.

Why You Should Update DEERS

Up-to-date DEERS records are vital to accessing your TRICARE benefit. It’s critical to keep your DEERS information up to date so you and your family can use TRICARE.

Errors in DEERS can cause problems with claims, authorization letters for referrals, and delivery of home delivery prescriptions. It’s also important to keep your information in DEERS up to date so you don’t miss important information and enrollment deadlines.

MilConnect Website

When you register on the milConnect website, you can:


  • Update DEERS (address, email, phone)

  • View or change TRICARE enrollment information

  • Find an ID card office

  • Sign up for eCorrespondence about changes to your TRICARE coverage

  • View personnel information (sponsors only)

  • Transfer GI Bill benefits to family members (sponsors only)

  • View civilian employment information (Guard/Reserve only–excluding Army, Navy, and Coast Guard Reserve)

  • View Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance information (except Marines and Coast Guard)

  • Get proof of TRICARE coverage

  • Search frequently asked questions about health care eligibility and more

  • For technical support, call the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) Support Center at 1-800-477-8227.


    Log in to milConnect

    Register to use milConnect

    Questions? Please call (984) 664-6190

    Public Website: > Services and Support > ID Cards and Deers

    Contact Us:

    Facebook: 109th MP BN Enlisted Council and Family Support Group ( )